ALWAYS SEARCHING FOR NEW RECIPES

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Dried Butternut Squash

I hope I am not boring you with my dehydrating news.  I dried butternut squash puree about 2 weeks ago.
I began with 2 butternut squash, cooked them in the oven, removed the pulp, and pureed in the food processor.



Then I spread the puree on the sheets that came with the dehydrator..... about 10 hours later, I had these large rubbery-looking sheets.


Next I chopped the sheets in the processor.  I packed in an air-tight ziploc and shipped to Abigail (along with a lot of other goodies); she can make butternut squash soup or have butternut squash puree with pasta or whatever she wants.  All the chopping and cooking has already been done; just add hot water!!  Thanks, Tommy, for all the butternut squash!

No comments:

Post a Comment