ALWAYS SEARCHING FOR NEW RECIPES

Monday, April 11, 2011

I'm Back!! with more recipes

Wow... I cannot believe it has been over 3 months since I last posted.  I must do better.  All is well here, and I have been cooking a lot.  I have spent a lot of time reading other food blogs and going back thru old recipes.  Here is a tasty vegetable recipe that I have cooked several times.  It is also very colorful!  Think how good this will be in the summer with tomatoes and zucchini right out of the garden.

Tuscan Vegetable Ragout
2 tsp olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 zucchini, halved lengthwise & cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 8-oz can diced tomatoes, undrained (I used 14.5-oz can)
1 15.5-oz can cannellini beans, drained & rinsed (original recipe calls for 2 cans)
1 15-oz can artichoke hearts, quartered
2 Tbs. coarsely chopped Kalamata olives (I used more)
1 Tbs. capers, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley or basil
Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste

Heat oil in large pot over medium heat.  Add garlic & zucchini, cover & cook until softened, about 5 minutes.  Stir in tomatoes, beans, & artichoke hearts.  Cook until veggies are tender, about 15 minutes.
Add olives, capers, and half the parsley.  Season with salt & pepper.  Serve sprinkled with remaining parsley.
Serves 4 ( recipe from "Vegetarian Times")

No comments:

Post a Comment